Back Pain is Preventing Lash Artists from Doing Long Sessions, Here's What to Do:
Lash artists are known for having long hours in the chair. However, they often experience back pain numbness due to the repetitive motions and sitting at a wrong angle. For some, this can make it difficult to work for long periods of time causing you to lose clients as a result. In this blog post, we'll talk about why lash artists experience back pain during sessions and what you can do about it!
Few reasons why lash artists experience back pain during sessions:
- Repetitive motions of lashing can cause the back to tire out.
- Sitting at a wrong angle for long periods of time may strain your spine and muscles, causing discomfort or even injury!
- Not being mindful about posture when lashing can cause tension in critical parts like your neck, shoulders, lower back, and hips.
- Holding your arms up in the same position for an extended period of time can also lead to discomfort.
- Poor circulation from sitting in one position for too long may cause numbness or tingling sensations in the back.
So, what solutions are there? Here are a few tips that might help:
- Take breaks every 30 minutes or so to move around and stretch.
- Make sure you have adequate lighting when working, as this will help to reduce strain on your eyes and neck.
- Use a chair that provides good lumbar support.
- Stretch your back and neck regularly, especially before and after each session.
- Invest in a good back support cushion to sit on, which will help to keep your spine in alignment. http://lashcushion.com/
By following these tips, you can help to prevent back pain from interfering with your lash sessions and retain those long-term clients you've always dreamt of.