How To Correctly Store Your Lash Adhesive
How To Correctly Store Your Eyelash Extension Adhesive
What is a glue storage container? And what does it do?
- An airtight container that helps regulate the temperature of your glue.
- The sealing buckles will dehumidify and seal the dry air out.
- Keeping your glue fresher for longer, saving you money in the long run.
Should glue be kept at a certain temperature when not in use?
- Your glue, when not in use, should be kept at room temperature, when exposed to too much oxygen/heat, the components in the glue start to break down.
Do I need to keep anything else in there, or just the glue?
- You can include silica packs and dry rice to absorb any present moisture too, but it's not a necessity!
Why should I use a container?
Keeps the bottle upright, ensuring the nozzle will not get clogged and keeps adhesive away from excess moisture.
Prolongs the life of your adhesive by limiting the exposure to moisture as well as saving you money.
Your glue is exposed to little oxygen when sealed, also the darkness within will help regulate the temperature.
Should I keep my glue in the fridge?
When unopened, you can keep your eyelash extension adhesive in the fridge to maintain a regular temperature for the glue.
But if you don't wish to do that, keep your glue in a cool and dry area away from direct sunlight.
When you have opened your adhesive, NEVER put it back in the fridge. The fluctuation in temperature can cause moisture build up inside the bottle which will break down the glue components, resulting in poor retention and a lesser shelf life.
What's the shelf life of my adhesive?
We get a lot of people asking what the shelf life is of their glue, and honestly it's all down to your supplier.
Flowrish Lashes shelf life is:
3 Months Opened
6 Months Unopened
Always replace your glue when it has passed its "shelf life". If your glue becomes gloopy or stringy within this time, it could be due to the adhesive being too hot or too cold! Don't resort to binning it straight away, bring it back to room temperature and see if this helps! (If not, discard it and buy another)
Leave a comment